The little terrier, the Jack Russell, has its roots in fox hunting. Undoubtedly it is a unique breed. They are very energetic and hyperactive. They are always found running and jumping on the ground. They are also very playful. That’s why most people love them as their pets. They get along well with the members of their family and the kids. They are trendy in the United States. The small dog is a marvellous digger, with more love than its little body can hold. These reviews will help determine the best dog food for a Jack Russell.
Jack Russell needs a balanced diet to provide the right energy without causing weight gain. This tiny Jack Russell Terrier needs around 650 calories daily to meet its dietary requirements. Every dog owner gets confused while choosing the best dog food for Jack Russell. Most people face this problem because these dogs need specific nutritional content. That’s why we’ve made a list of the best dog foods for your Jack Russell. Hopefully; this list will help you to choose which brand best suits your canine’s needs.
Our Best Picks
Top One: Purina Pro Plan Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
📌 Jump to Review
Top Two: Meric grain-free real texas beef & sweet potato puppy food
📌 Jump to Review
Top Three: Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley Small Breed Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
📌 Jump to Review
Top Four: Nutro Natural Choice Senior Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
📌 Jump to Review
Top Five: Health Extension Grain-Free Salmon Recipe
📌 Jump to Review
Purina Pro Plan Small Breed Dog Food has everything your furry companion needs for a healthy and active lifestyle. Though it is much higher in calories than other foods on this list, it is still an excellent fit for any spirited Jack Russell. This food allows probiotics to support digestive and immune health. This superfood is a perfect balance of nutrition and flavour. It is a tender blend with chicken. This food is crunchy. Rice adds a flavorful taste to this food that all dog lovers.
An optimal protein-to fat-ratio helps your dog to maintain an ideal body condition. Vitamin A, an omega-6 acid, helps to make your dog’s coat shiny and maintain healthy skin. It will offer you advanced nutrition optimized for your highly active small dogs, with features like high protein, a smaller, easier-to-chew kibble size, and more. The shredded chicken and rice provide essential proteins, vitamins, and minerals to energise your canine daily. This higher calorie formula is the best possible for Jack Russell with endless energy. However, Pro Plan is inappropriate if you’re trying to stabilise your dog’s weight.
- keep your dog energised all-day
- provides proteins, vitamins, minerals
- Provides calcium and phosphorus
- best for small breeds and will provide your dog energy
- phosphorus aid in maintaining strong bones and teeth
- bite-sized kibble will make chewing easier
- high in protein to meet the need of highly active small dogs
1. Real chicken is the first ingredient which provides protein.
2. The second ingredient in this food is rice, an excellent source of fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
3. The third ingredient is Grain corn. It provides carbohydrates and Omega-6 fatty acids.
4. The fourth ingredient in this food is beef fat, a source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Protein Content 29%
- Fat 17%
- Fiber 3.0%
- Moisture 12%
- Linoleic acids 1.5%
- Calcium 1%
- Phosphorus 0.8%
- It is Enriched with calcium and phosphorus
- Contains probiotics
- Developed for highly active small dogs
- This food is Higher in fats than most other dog foods.
Merrick Dry Dog Food Real Texas Beef and Sweet Potato Grain Free Dog Food Recipe is packed with whole foods and deboned beef as the first ingredient in this real meat pup’s food. It starts with deboned meat and whole natural foods like sweet potatoes, blueberries, peas, and more to provide complete and balanced nutrition – with leading levels of high-quality protein, plus Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids to secure your companion’s great-looking, healthy skin and coat. It provides high-quality protein. This food is the best dog food for Jack Russell puppies.
This Merrick grain-free dog food recipe helps to build and maintain healthy muscle tissue and energy levels. This complete and balanced natural dog food is Enriched with protein and fibre. This food provides proteins, vitamins, fibre, minerals, and other natural ingredients. This adult dog food’s top levels of omega fatty acids help and support your dog’s healthy skin and coat. This high-protein dog food aids in maintaining healthy hips and joints by providing leading levels of glucosamine and chondroitin for your dogs. It includes natural ingredients and whole foods like sweet potatoes, peas, apples, and blueberries.
This dog food offers you a range of specially crafted recipes to nourish all types of dog food like puppy food, senior dog food, excellent breed dog food, and an option for those dogs who need a little help to maintain a healthy weight. This grain-free dry dog food doesn’t contain corn, wheat, soy, gluten, artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives. These dog food recipes also include maximum levels of high-quality proteins for healthy energy, building muscle mass, and a great flavorful taste your dog will love.
- This healthy dog food offers the ideal combination of protein and healthy fats to help a dog to maintain optimal weight and increased energy level.
- High protein pup’s food with omega fatty acids supports healthy skin and shiny coat, plus glucosamine and chondroitin for dogs to help maintain healthy hips and joints.
- It has 60% protein from animal sources and the ideal combination of protein and healthy fats to help a dog maintain optimal weight.
- Deboned beef is always the first ingredient in this food. This ingredient contributes to the impressive 28% crude protein, which is more than enough for growing puppies.
- Chicken is full of glucosamine which plays a vital role in preventing bone-related health complications. The high 1.2% min calcium content also helps ageing bones and joints.
- Natural deboned beef is always the first ingredient in this beef dog food. It provides protein.
- The second ingredient in this dog food is turkey meal, a source of glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Third, the ingredient is a white fish meal. Whitefish meal provides a great source of omega-3 fatty acids such as DHA.
- Sweet potato is the fourth ingredient in this food. It contains essential vitamins like B6, C, and A
- The fifth ingredient is a potato. It is a source of vitamins and minerals that include vitamin C, B6, iron, potassium, iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- Protein Content – 28%
- Fat – 15%
- Fiber – 4.5%
- Moisture – 11%
- Docosahexaenoic acids – 0.2%
- Calcium – 1.2%
- Taurine – 0.17%
- Omega-6 – 2%
- Omega-3 – 0.3%
- It offers you a range of specially crafted recipes to nourish all types of dogs.
- It contains zero preservatives, fillers, corn, wheat, soy, or gluten.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin help to maintain your dog’s hip and joint function.
- This food is quite expensive
The taste of the wild Appalachian will be the best choice if you want to provide digestible energy and excellent nutrition for your growing puppy. It is specifically made for small-breed canine carnivores. This venison and lamb-based recipe with grain-free carbs, such as sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, and blueberries, provides optimal protein and fats for muscle growth and endless energy. This recipe is a perfect digestible alternative for canines’ sensitivities to chicken or grains.
It is Enriched with protein and fat. This recipe provides the energy that every dog needs. The feature of this recipe is the unique use of K9 Strain Proprietary Probiotics, along with antioxidant-rich ingredients such as tomatoes, blueberries, and raspberries. This food is Made with roasted meat and a blend of protein sources. This hearty formula offers a unique taste sensation like no other. Vegetables and fruits deliver natural antioxidants to help to lead a healthy life. Taste of the Wild Small Breed Appalachian is specially made for your pup’s unique energy and nutrition needs while avoiding nasty excesses such as corn, soy, or meat by-products. This food is the best dog food for digestion.
- Probiotics and prebiotic fibre help to support healthy digestion, and a blend of venison, lamb, egg, duck, and ocean fish proteins provide optimal amino acid nutrition.
- Filled with vitamins and minerals from natural fruits and superfoods, omega fatty acids for skin and healthy coat, and nutrients for the energy your furry companion needs to thrive.
- This food contains species-specific K9 Strain Proprietary Probiotics, antioxidants, and prebiotics to help and support healthy digestion, immune system health, and overall health and wellness of your dog.
- The K9 Strain probiotic ensures your JRT gets live, active cultures supporting their digestive system.
- Lycopene decreases the risk of cancer forming in dogs.
1. The number one ingredient in this formula is venison. It is rich in nutrients and energy and a highly digestible source of protein.
2. The second ingredient is lamb meal which is rich in protein and amino acids.
3. The third ingredient is garbanzo beans. It is Rich in protein, minerals, and Fiber, and garbanzo beans add nutrients to this formula.
4. Peas are the fourth ingredient. It contains lutein, antioxidants, iron, zinc, potassium, and magnesium. It is also rich in protein.
5. The fifth ingredient is lentils. They are a great source of iron, fibre, and plant-based protein.
- Protein Content – 32%
- Fat – 18%
- Fiber – 4%
- Moisture – 10%
- Taurine – 0.12%
- Omega-6 – 2.8%
- Omega-3 – 0.3%
1. It is highly digestible.
2. It Contains probiotics
3. Its small kibble size benefits your small breed dog’s tummy and teeth.
- It has inconsistency in the texture of the kibbles.
This top-notch-quality, grain-inclusive kibble uses a balanced blend of fresh meat as its primary source of animal protein, pairing well with its added calcium and dietary fibres. It is made for senior dogs. Their age should be 7 or older. It provides essential antioxidants to aid your dog’s ageing immune system. Calcium supports strong bones and joints and natural fibre for healthy digestion. This food is made with non-GMO ingredients. Whole chicken carries 24% crude protein content. This formula includes ingredients like pumpkin to aid digestion and kale and spinach to ensure a healthy mixture of antioxidants. You can feel confident serving your pet this non-GMO food, but be mindful of any of your pup’s dietary restrictions since the recipe contains peas and pea protein. This recipe is rich in nutrients and full of flavor. So you can feel good feeding your dog this recipe.
- It provides essential antioxidants to support your mature dog’s ageing immune system, calcium to support strong bones and joints, and natural fibre for healthy digestion.
- As part of the NUTRO™ FEED CLEAN™ philosophy, this delicious chicken and brown rice recipe starts with a top-notch-quality protein source as the 1st ingredient and is made with natural ingredients sourced from trusted farmers and suppliers.
- This dry food is made with non-GMO ingredients and has no chicken by-product meal, corn, wheat, or soy. This way, you can feel good feeding your dog recipes rich in nutrients and full of flavor.
- Coconut, tomatoes, spinach, and dried pumpkin help older and weaker immune systems.
- First ingredient is real chicken. Chicken is a fantastic source of protein.
- Second ingredient is a chicken meal, a Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate source.
- Third ingredient is whole grain barley. This food has high soluble fibre content and is a good source of dietary fibre for your dog.
- Split peas are the fourth ingredient that contains lutein and an antioxidant. They are also rich in protein.
- The fifth ingredient is Brewer’s rice. It is an excellent source of carbohydrates. It also contains trace amounts of potassium, protein, Iron, Vitamin B6, Magnesium. and calcium.
- Protein Content – 26%
- Fat – 14%
- Fiber – 4%
- Moisture – 10%
- Omega-6 – 2.0%
- Omega-3 – 0.2%
- This food is Made with non-GMO ingredients
- Good source of dietary fibre
- chondroitin and glucosamine to support healthy joints
- It Contains peas and pea protein.
Grain Free Salmon Recipe dog food is crafted with every nutrient ingredient your canines need to thrive. It is the perfect dog food for your pup of all ages. This dried food is made from top-notch-quality ingredients and doesn’t contain rendered animal fats, colours, dyes, added sugar, Ethoxyquin, or BHT.it is Great tasting meaty food that shows your care for your dog. This complete and balanced dry food includes helping chickpeas, whole garden vegetables, and antioxidant-rich berries, along with a proprietary blend of cutting-edge ingredients like turmeric, apple cider vinegar, natural probiotics, and pure coconut oil. With super nutrients like these, Grain Free Salmon Recipe offers everything your dogs and puppies require for a long, healthy, and happy life.
- This food is especially beneficial for dogs with allergies to poultry or sensitive digestive tracts.
- It contains a unique blend of nutrients and supplements, such as organic apple cider vinegar and colostrum, to boost immune systems for improved health.
- High-quality protein & Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for maintaining healthy skin and coat for your companion.
- This recipe includes a substantial amount of fruits and vegetables to give your Jack Russell a well-balanced supper.
- Pumpkin and fish oil will help your dogs with skin issues and food sensitivities.
- Real salmon is always the first ingredient. It is an excellent source of protein.
- The second ingredient is chickpeas. It is full of vitamins and minerals.
- The third ingredient is deboned whitefish, a great source of Omega-3 fatty acid.
- Whole sweet potato is the fourth ingredient. These sweet potatoes are one of the best dietary sources of vitamin A.Sweet potatoes are also a rich source of vitamins A, C, B6, potassium, calcium, and iron.
- Pumpkin is the fifth ingredient that contains vitamins like A, C, and E and minerals like iron and potassium.
- Protein Content – 25%
- Fat – 15%
- Fiber – 5%
- Moisture – 10%
- Calcium – 1.20%
- Phosphorus – 1.0%
- Omega-6 – 2.50%
- Omega-3 – 1.0%
- It boosts the nutrition level of your puppy.
- It is highly digestible.
- It is a tasty food that your dog will adore and has a savoury flavour to tempt even the pickiest dog.
- It contains controversial ingredients.
Conclusion for the best dog food for Jack Russell
Jack Russells are small, high-energy dogs that need the correct type of food to keep them active and healthy. These playful pups require a diet that can keep up with their activity levels. Since there are so many foods available on the market today, we know it can be hard for you to choose one.
We rounded up 5 of the best dog food for Jack Russell, so you can read the reviews of each of them and decide which one would work best for your dog.